We designed the Maysis to perform like a workhorse and fit like a glove, and its feature-forward design has it ranked as a perennial bestseller.
It starts with a heat-moldable liner made of open-cell Intuition® foam – allowing the liner to form to the exact shape of your leg, ankle, and foot for superior fit, warmth, and comfort. The secret to the award-winning fit is our Conda™ liner lacing system. Powered by a BOA® Fit System dial, this forgiving and adjustable harness is designed to pull the user’s heel into the boot’s heel pocket. This urethane-based harness hugs your ankle and flexes naturally.
Externally, we started with an articulating cuff to reduce distortion when bending the knee, and we’ve added an abrasion-resistant rubber compound for unrelenting durability. A high-powered BOA® Fit System H4 Coiler closes the shell securely and can be done without removing your gloves.
Lastly, to add durability and maintain the boot’s flex over the boot’s lifetime, we constructed the K2 Maysis using our Endo™ technology. Underfoot, we’ve used premium materials to improve damping and grip. The outsole is built using our proprietary This Grips!™ dual-rubber compound to provide excellent grip both on and off the snow. This is all set atop a dual-density midsole comprised of a lightweight EVA and our proprietary Harshmellow™, designed to dampen vibration on rough terrain and cushion big landings.
A dual-zone BOA® Fit System allows users to adjust the upper and lower of the snowboard boot independently of each other, fitting more foot shapes than a standard single-BOA® boot normally would. Lastly, we top it off with a lace cover to keep your laces safe from the edge of your board and whatever else might come into play.
H4/M3 Zonal BOA® Fit System:
Proprietary liner lacing system that harnesses the power of BOA® to provide superior heel hold and support.
- This Grips!™ Rubber Outsole:
- Intuition® Control Foam 3D Liner: The most versatile liner in the K2 Snowboarding line, the Control Foam 3D liner features both internal and external J-Bars for the perfect blend of comfort and structure.
- Articulating Upper Cuff: Articulating cuff upper helps reduce shell distortion when flexing forward into the snowboard boot.
- HDR™ Premium Synthetic Upper: Eight times more durable than a standard polyurethane material, HDR Premium Synthetics is a proprietary synthetic durable finish designed for extreme conditions. The dynamic resin system provides exceptional abrasion and durability beyond traditional synthetic materials.
ENDO™ 2.0 CONSTRUCTION:
A K2 Snowboarding exclusive, Endo™ Construction, allows us to alter a snowboard boot’s flex, response, and rebound without adding extra materials (extra materials = excess weight). By replacing additional materials with an injected heel counter, adding an extra rebound is as easy as a formula change. In addition, it helps us to provide a more consistent flexing, longer-lasting snowboard boot.
Harshmellow™ is a magical dampening system that replaces industry-standard foam dampening materials. Harshmellow™ is strategically placed to dampen vibration underfoot to provide a more “quiet” feel underfoot, reduce vibration from impact, and reduce fatigue while snowboarding.
- 3D Formed EVA Footbed: Provides anatomically correct cushioning and support and is built from rigid EVA foam.