NEW for the 2022/2023 winter season, the K2 Hanford snowboard boot took notes from the #1 boot in snowboarding and put its own spin on it.
It all starts with our This Grips!™ outsole – two different densities of rubber are strategically placed to ensure the best possible grip for the parking lot and the boot pack. A full-EVA midsole is backed with our impact-resistant Harshmellow™ material, helping to reduce vibration and mellow out the harshest of landings. Less vibration of the ankle means that your feet feel comfortable and fresh all day long. Inside, our multi-density Control Foam liner features heat-moldable foam from Intuition®. As an industry leader, Intuition® foam is lightweight, durable, warm, and has an excellent memory – meaning that it molds to the shape of your foot and stays that way. This is wrapped in our 3-point harness – snuggly holding your ankle in place for stability and reducing heel lift for ultimate board control.
Our patented Endo™ Construction keeps this snowboard boot extremely lightweight. Replacing a traditional heel counter of the boot with an injected poly material allows us to change the flex and rebound of the Hanford without adding extra weight. Endo™ construction helps retain the boot’s flex over its lifetime and adds an extra layer of durability.
A dual-zone BOA® Fit System allows users to adjust the upper and lower of the snowboard boot independently of each other, fitting more foot shapes than a standard single-BOA® boot normally would. Lastly, we top it off with a lace cover to keep your laces safe from the edge of your board and whatever else might come into play.
H4/M3 Zonal BOA® Fit System:
- TX3 BOA® ROPE LACING: A softer lace made specifically for snowboard boots that provides a more even fit over the body of the boot shell versus a steel lace.
- This Grips!™ Rubber Outsole:
- Intuition® Control Foam 3D Liner: The most versatile liner in the K2 Snowboarding line, the Control Foam 3D liner features both internal and external J-Bars for the perfect blend of comfort and structure.
- Articulating Upper Cuff: Articulating cuff upper helps reduce shell distortion when flexing forward into the snowboard boot.
- HDR™ Premium Synthetic Upper: Eight times more durable than a standard polyurethane material, HDR Premium Synthetics is a proprietary synthetic durable finish designed for extreme conditions. The dynamic resin system provides exceptional abrasion and durability beyond traditional synthetic materials.
ENDO™ 2.0 CONSTRUCTION:
A K2 Snowboarding exclusive, Endo™ Construction, allows us to alter a snowboard boot’s flex, response, and rebound without adding extra materials (extra materials = excess weight). By replacing additional materials with an injected heel counter, adding an extra rebound is as easy as a formula change. In addition, it helps us to provide a more consistent flexing, longer-lasting snowboard boot.
- 3D Formed EVA Footbed: Provides anatomically correct cushioning and support and is built from rigid EVA foam.